Greetings from Team 11 in Chanhassen, Minnesota! We are very excited to be serving at St. Hubert’s Catholic Community in the Archdiocese of St. Paul-Minneapolis, MN. Ministry at St. Hubert’s has been going very well. The parish welcomed us with immense support and generosity; praise God! Life in Chanhassen has been busy, but God has continued to be faithful and good to us. Our team is very involved with the youth ministry program at the parish, as well as their confirmation program.
One of our main goals is to meet with the youth one on one to get to know them and help them grow in their relationship with Christ. We have been able to reach out to many new families and youth from the parish, but also many other people in Chanhassen’s community.
Whether it be at a Starbucks or a Target run, we have been able to bring Christ with us wherever we go. Since we’ve arrived, we have attended the October Lifeline, Archdiocesan Youth Day, and put on our first confirmation retreat where the youth were able to experience many talks and a powerful time of adoration with confession. One of the youth who attended the retreat went to confession for the first time since he first received the sacrament! We are so excited to be here for the year and are looking forward to all that God has in store.
Now an introduction to the members of NET Team 11!
- Brianna St. Amour: Hey guys! I’m 22 and I’m from Swanton, Vermont. This year I’m striving to grow in authenticity and developing a deeper love for God through prayer.
- Lucas Wollschlager: Hey, I’m 20 and from New Town, North Dakota. A few ways I’m hoping to grow this year are by striving to die to self, having a greater knowledge of myself, and developing the habit of being in constant prayer.
- Monica Loesel: I’m 19 and from Bristow, Virginia. Throughout the year I’m going to strive to grow in constant prayer and having a greater awareness of the Lord in the present moment.
- Samantha Shepard: Howdy y’all! I’m 24 and from Bryan, Texas. I would like to grow in personal prayer and in being willing to do my duties of the present moment throughout the year.
- AJ Barrows: Hey, all! I’m 21 and I’m from Littleton, Colorado. This year I’m seeking to grow deeper in my love for Mary, our heavenly Mother, as well as changing my heart to be more Christ-like.
- Cassidy Phillips: Howdy! I’m 19 and from Fortworth, Texas. I am striving to grow in constant prayer and being still in the present moment. (Ps. 46:10).
- Kyle Lavin: Hey! I’m 19 and from Overland Park, Kansas. This year I’m seeking and doing what the Lord desires and wills for me to do in the present moment with joyful humility and love.
- Anna Spankie: Hey! I’m 18 and from Lapeer, Michigan. This year I’m striving to love and serve God as He is calling me within the present moment, as well as dying to myself.
- Thomas Bosse: Hey y’all, I’m 19 and I’m from Midlothian, Texas. I would like to grow by having a deeper love and relationship with God, as well as learning to live in the present moment, and dying to my will, and seeking God’s will for my life.