Register for 2022 – 2023 Confirmation Retreats
In-person retreat fees are $175 per teen. Total amount includes a nonrefundable portion of $75 per retreatant as well as a $50 rescheduling fee. Reserved spaces are transferable until two weeks before, after which there is a $50 rescheduling fee (provided space is available on the desired weekend). The cost will include lunch, dinner, and snacks on Saturday and breakfast, lunch, and a snack on Sunday. Accommodations can be made for those with allergies to egg, dairy, gluten, and nuts, provided advance notice of at least two weeks is given. For other special food requests, including vegetarian and vegan meals, please contact Jeffrey Campeau.
Based on the recommendations of the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health, masks are encouraged for those not vaccinated while indoors (except while eating and at bedtime), and seating for teens will be with their small groups at large group sessions and during meals. If a teen starts to experience symptoms while on retreat, their parents or guardian will be contacted and will be sent home. We understand that we cannot eliminate all risk, and we are committed to our efforts to minimize the risks for all those we serve. For more information on NET Ministries COVID protocol go to netusa.org/covid19.
For those teens unable to attend in person, we have the following virtual retreats available. These retreats are open to teens in grades 8-12 from around the country. The retreats are 3 hours long and cost $40 per teen. Each session is limited to 50 teens, and new sessions will be added here as interest requires and schedules permit. While these are tailored to teens preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation, the retreats are also appropriate for confirmed teens who are interested in a retreat experience.
Each teen will need their own device and will receive a link to the retreat for a desktop or laptop computer. Teens using a desktop or laptop computer can log in via the website. Teens using mobile devices such as tablets or phones so teens will have to download the BlueJeans app on these to enjoy the full experience. Details and the retreat link will be sent to the email address provided at registration. Click on a date below to register.
Confirmation retreats hosted at the NET Center in West St. Paul are for Catholic youth grades 8-12 preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation. All of our Confirmation Retreat Weekends offer the same programming and content. They offer the opportunity for Adoration, Reconciliation, and Sunday Mass, as well as large group talks/presentations, small group discussions, games, skits, and more. They will have teens in attendance from all over the Archdiocese (and some from neighboring dioceses as well), and average 80-85 attendees each weekend.
Throughout the weekend, you’ll hear talks on:
What being Catholic truly means
How the world presents a false reality to the way we live our lives
The dissatisfaction we experience when we place the things of this world before our relationship with God
The gifts of the Holy Spirit in relation to Confirmation
Separate men’s and women’s sessions, focusing on our unique call as God’s sons and daughters
There is also an opportunity for the sacrament of Confession and Sunday Mass.
8:15am Arrive and Sign-in
8:50am Opening Session
9:35am Small Group 1
10:05am Fun Activities & snakc
10:35am Main Talk
11:00am Small Group 2
1:00pm Men’s & Women’s Session – Talk, Activity, Testimony
2:30pm Small Group 3
3:00pm Rec Time
4:20pm Small Group 4
6:10pm Free Time
7:00pm Prayer Ministry – Reconciliation, Adoration, Testimony
9:00pm Small Group 5
10:00pm Night Prayer/Move to Dorms
9:30am Scripture and Prayer
9:50am Small Group 6
1:30pm Dorms & building Cleanup
2:15pm Small Group 8
Please complete and submit an Event Waiver by the deadline (two weeks prior to your scheduled retreat). If you have any questions, please contact Dani at 651.450.6833 x137 or by email.
- In the initial screening and selection process, NET requires several references for each potential NET team member, references who can testify to the suitability of a prospective team member. Each reference is originally submitted in writing, and then verified by our staff. This is part of the extensive application process which includes two live interviews and a letter from their Pastor stating they are in good standing with the Catholic Church.
- NET conducts a criminal background check of each prospect, specialized to accommodate the young age of the NET team members. Our criminal background checks are conducted by a private investigation agency called The McDowell Agency, which is also the agency being utilized by the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. This background check includes a search on the National Sex Offenders Database.
- NET team members are trained and certified in safe environments through the “VIRTUS–Protecting God’s Children” course by the National Catholic Risk Retention Group, Inc. NET Team members are also required to successfully complete NET’s training process, which is conducted prior to and during their ministry. During this training, the NET team members receive instruction concerning:
- appropriate standards of conduct for those working with youth;
- inappropriate speech, touch, and relationships with youth;
- requirements for creating a safe environment for all retreatants;
- guidelines for ensuring their own personal safety.
Lastly, all team members acknowledge, by their signature, that they have received, understood, and intend to conduct themselves in accordance with NET Ministries’ Personal Conduct Policies. Once the NET team members are in active ministry with NET, they continue to receive ongoing training and supervision by NET staff members, which includes weekly contact and monthly onsite visits. Personnel records, including the above mentioned paperwork, are all kept on each individual team member at the NET office. A more comprehensive explanation is available if needed by contacting NET’s Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com.
The NET Center
110 Crusader Ave W | West St. Paul, MN 55118