Confirmation retreats hosted at the NET Center in West St. Paul are for Catholic youth grades 8-12 preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation. All of our Confirmation Retreat Weekends offer the same programming and content. They offer the opportunity for Adoration, Reconciliation, and Sunday Mass, as well as large group talks/presentations, small group discussions, games, skits, and more. They will have teens in attendance from all over the Archdiocese (and some from neighboring dioceses as well), and average 80-85 attendees each weekend.
The NET Center
110 Crusader Avenue West
West St. Paul, MN 55118
Registration Now Open – Click a Date Below to Register
**For the 2020-2021 retreats, our capacity on each weekend is limited to 35 boys and 35 girls for a total of 70 teens each weekend.
For those teens unable to attend in person, we’ve added several virtual retreats to our calendar, open to teens in grades 8-12 from around the country. The retreats are 3 hours long and cost $17 per teen. Each session is limited to 50 teens, and new sessions are being added as current retreats fill up, and schedules permit. While these are tailored to teens preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation, the retreats are also appropriate for confirmed teens who are interested in a retreat experience.
Each teen will need their own device and will receive a link to the retreat for a desktop or laptop computer. Unfortunately, browser support is not available for mobile devices such as tablets or phones so teens will have to download the BlueJeans app on these to enjoy the full experience. Details and the retreat link will be sent to the email address provided at registration. Click on either link below to register.
- In the initial screening and selection process, NET requires several references for each potential NET team member, references who can testify to the suitability of a prospective team member. Each reference is originally submitted in writing, and then verified by our staff. This is part of the extensive application process which includes two live interviews and a letter from their Pastor stating they are in good standing with the Catholic Church.
- NET conducts a criminal background check of each prospect, specialized to accommodate the young age of the NET team members. Our criminal background checks are conducted by a private investigation agency called The McDowell Agency, which is also the agency being utilized by the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. This background check includes a search on the National Sex Offenders Database.
- NET team members are trained and certified in safe environments through the “VIRTUS–Protecting God’s Children” course by the National Catholic Risk Retention Group, Inc. NET Team members are also required to successfully complete NET’s training process, which is conducted prior to and during their ministry. During this training, the NET team members receive instruction concerning:
- appropriate standards of conduct for those working with youth;
- inappropriate speech, touch, and relationships with youth;
- requirements for creating a safe environment for all retreatants;
- guidelines for ensuring their own personal safety.
Lastly, all team members acknowledge, by their signature, that they have received, understood, and intend to conduct themselves in accordance with NET Ministries’ Personal Conduct Policies. Once the NET team members are in active ministry with NET, they continue to receive ongoing training and supervision by NET staff members, which includes weekly contact and monthly onsite visits. Personnel records, including the above mentioned paperwork, are all kept on each individual team member at the NET office. A more comprehensive explanation is available if needed by contacting NET’s Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com.
As we continue to monitor the situation and risks associated with Covid-19, Confirmation Retreats at the NET Center will not include sleepovers this school year.
Instead, our retreats will consist of two consecutive days:
Saturday from 8:30 am – 9:30 pm and Sunday from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Teens will not be allowed the option to sleep at the NET Center.
Teens will be required to attend both days of the retreat, and small groups will remain consistent throughout the weekend. Late arrivals and early departures will not be allowed.
In consideration of the changes, the current cost is $100 per teen, $50 of which is a nonrefundable deposit. The cost will include lunch, dinner, and snacks on Saturday and lunch and a snack on Sunday. Accommodations can be made for those with allergies to egg, dairy, gluten, and nuts, provided advance notice of at least two weeks is given. For other special food requests, including vegetarian and vegan meals, please contact Jeffrey Campeau.
We will continue to follow the recommendations of the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health as well as information provided by the Archdiocese of St. Paul & Minneapolis. Masks will be required while indoors (except while eating), and seating for teens will be spaced in small groups, large groups, and during meals. Temperatures will be taken and a short health questionnaire will be collected each day, and teens with symptoms or a fever over 100 degrees will be sent home with their parent or guardian. We understand that we cannot eliminate all risk, and we are committed to our efforts to minimize the risks for all those we serve.
Throughout the weekend, you’ll hear talks on:
- What being Catholic truly means
- How the world presents a false reality to the way we live our lives
- The dissatisfaction we experience when we place the things of this world before our relationship with God
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit in relation to Confirmation
- Separate men’s and women’s sessions, focusing on our unique call as God’s sons and daughters
- There is also an opportunity for the sacrament of Confession and Sunday Mass.