A vast majority of Catholic youth are disconnecting from the Church during their teenage years. To reawaken their faith, NET Ministries trains teams of young adults to make a transformational difference in parishes and schools across the United States. Since 1981, our missionaries have proclaimed the Gospel to over 2.2 million young people, inspiring them to pursue a deeper relationship with Christ and increase their connection to the Catholic Church. Join the mission of NET Ministries! All open positions are listed below.
NET Ministries Job Openings
Location: NET USA
Position: Every year, NET missionaries come from all over the world to give nine months to the Lord and inspire young people to pursue a deeper relationship with Christ and increase their connection to the Catholic Church. After being placed on a team with 8-14 young men and women, missionaries reach youth through retreat or discipleship ministry. Retreat team missionaries will travel across the country from diocese to diocese and conduct close to 120 retreats, reaching almost 1,000 youth in small groups. Retreats include large group activities, talks, dramas, skits, small group discussions, prayer, and music. Discipleship team missionaries minister to hundreds of teens 1-on-1 in small groups, on retreats, and in their day-to-day lives, helping them grow in a relationship with God and seek a life of holiness. As a team, missionaries will push each other to grow in holiness as you work together to minister to youth.
As a missionary, you will learn lifelong skills that will benefit any future vocation or career. Some of these are:
- Developing a personal prayer life
- Leadership skills
- Public speaking skills
- Communication skills
Missionaries receive a monthly stipend and are provided with food, transportation, and housing during their nine months of service. Health insurance is provided if needed.
- Mature, practicing Catholic
- Possesses strong faith
- Possesses strong relational skills
- Possesses a strong desire to serve others
- 18-29 years of age
- Does not have to be a U.S. citizen but must have an appropriate visa
NET Ministries is currently accepting applications for the 2021-2022 missionary year. The missionary contract begins August 16, 2021, and ends May 14, 2022.
Database & IT Coordinator
Posted May 6, 2021
Location: The NET Center, West Saint Paul
Job Summary: Manage, and maintain all database operations. Monitor and troubleshoot all NET computers/printers for efficient usage. Receive and process event registrations for all onsite NET events.
- Manage database operations
- Train new staff on general use of database software
- Provide ongoing support for staff database use
- Oversee the generation of requested revenue reports and reconciliation
- Produce other reports as requested
- Monitor NET’s computer/printer technology
- Oversee computer needs of staff, including updates as needed
- Troubleshoot ongoing problems
- Maintain database records
- Conduct weekly review of new data entered
- Reconcile gifts and fees with chart of accounts quarterly
- Troubleshoot procedural and software issues
- Process NCOA address updates
- Maintain/update database user roles and security
- Oversee online giving/registration web pages
- Collaborate with other staff to design and maintain effective web interfaces
- Assist other staff in meeting giving/registration web deadlines
- Maintain regular updates as appropriate per requests from other staff
- Receive and process event registrations
- Receive phone, mail, and online registrations for NET events
- Serve as contact for event registration questions and follow-up
- Coordinate registration lists and event details with appropriate staff
- Set-up and monitor all online registration information
- Misc Duties
- Participate in NET Team training/Mission Staff training events as assigned
- Attend daily staff prayer
- Attend staff meetings and staff events as directed
- Knowledgeable of all pertinent Employee Handbooks and staff manuals appropriate to the position
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- High School or equivalent diploma
- Experience with Raisers Edge or other databases preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- General knowledge and interest in computer operations and maintenance/care
- Highly organized and self-directed
- High level of attention to detail
- Friendly, professional demeanor
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Passionately committed to the mission of NET Ministries
- Associate’s degree or two-year technical training
- Experience in providing excellent customer service
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge NetCommunity Spark
- Must be able to work the required hours per week
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Able to work long hours when the position demands
- Able to participate in occasional evening and weekend meetings or events as assigned.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs (office materials, etc.) using proper techniques.
- Able to handle computer/printer interior workings with safety and care
- Able to operate keyboard in a safe and proficient manner.
- Able to operate a phone in a safe and proficient manner.
This position reports to the Director of Administration. Must be able to instruct and train employees and mange contractor/vendor assignments/contracts.