A vast majority of Catholic youth are disconnecting from the Church during their teenage years. To reawaken their faith, NET Ministries trains teams of young adults to make a transformational difference in parishes and schools across the United States. Since 1981, our missionaries have proclaimed the Gospel to over 2.2 million young people, inspiring them to pursue a deeper relationship with Christ and increase their connection to the Catholic Church.
Join the mission of NET Ministries! All open positions are listed below, click to see the full job description and how to apply.
Location: The NET Center, West St. Paul, MN
Job Summary: The Director of Marketing, Branding, and Communications is a key member of the NET Ministries team and the key ambassador of the brand and mission for the organization with internal entities and the communities we serve. The highly qualified candidate will have extensive experience in marketing with an organization, lead branding initiatives, and be a seasoned communications leader. Our posting describes this critical role further.
Are you a seasoned Marketing professional who is mission-driven and really wants to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you have what it takes to create a marketing center of excellence and lead a servant organization successfully into the future?
NET Ministries, an organization that challenges young Catholics, through relational ministry, to follow Christ and embrace a life of community in the Church, is hiring a Director of Marketing, Branding, and Communications. This role will provide vision, strategic direction, and leadership for all marketing and branding for the organization.
- Providing direct leadership for the members of the branding and marketing team and serving as a trusted senior partner and go-to with all senior leaders.
- Overseeing the brand planning process, ensuring clarity of brand definition and brand promise, serving as the chief brand champion for NET and ensuring brand standards are met in every manifestation.
- Leading the development and implementation of a 3-year marketing and communications plan
- Managing the implementation of an integrated marketing system that coordinates all brand-building, marketing, and communications messaging and media based on clear identification of priority audiences
- Proactively overseeing all aspects of internal and external communications for NET, including strategic internal communications coordination and externally-focused PR, with a focus on earned media.
- A strong Christian discipleship and be an active, practicing mission-oriented Catholic.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate and inspire others toward a clear and common set of goals.
- Deep understanding of marketing and all forms of branding and communications media.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, MBA in marketing preferred
- 5-7 years of experience as a Director of Marketing efforts, with experience leading a team.
- Bi-lingual/Spanish fluency preferred
If this sounds like a mission you would be passionate about bringing your marketing and leadership skills to, we are excited to talk to you. Apply today to become part of our family!
To Apply: send your resume to email@example.com.
Western Regional Recruiter
Location: Los Angeles, CA (remote)
Job Summary: Develop and maintain relationships with NET connections and potential NET Missionaries. Assist in the administration of the interview and acceptance process.
- Actively recruit young adults (ages 20+) as prospective candidates to serve on a NET Team
- Secure NET’s presence and representation at events and conferences around the Western Region
- Host recruiting events, including considerable travel, promotion, and event coordination
- Attend campus ministry events and build strong relationships with key ministry leaders
- Work with network of NET Alumni, youth ministers, and other contacts to promote serving with NET Ministries
- Partner with NET connections toward mutual advancement
- Initiate and maintain relationships with NET Alumni, RCPs, youth ministers, and especially campus ministers, vocation directors, and others who have contact with 20-year-old or older prospects
- Work with NET connections to establish new relationships with prospective applicants
- Assist the Recruiting Coordinator in cultivating relationships with thriving college campuses, FOCUS, and SPO
- Guide recruiting candidates through the inquiry phase and into the application and interview process in collaboration with recruiting staff
- Establish touchpoints with prospective candidates each month (email, text, contact at events, social media, one-on-ones, etc)
- Host and/or staff Discernment Weekends as assigned
- Create and maintain a tracking system for individual candidates
- Clerical support as needed for Recruiting Office
- Strategic event coordination and outreach for recruiting and alumni engagement
- Represent NET Ministries at conferences and events for recruiting purposes
- Collaborate with Western Regional scheduling Administrator for regional teams to assist in recruiting
- Coordinate quarterly ministry events for alumni throughout the region
- Maintain in contact with regional alumni to help with recruiting efforts
- Participate in NET Team training/Mission Staff training events as assigned
- Serve as a small group leader during Fall Training
- Assist in the promotion of NET Retreats, Discipleship Teams, and YDisciple
- Assist in logistics/care for regional NET Teams as needed (i.e. airport pick up/drop offs)
- Assist Western Regional Director with regional events
- Attend staff prayer, staff meetings, and staff events as directed (including quarterly meet ups)
- Knowledgeable of all pertinent Employee Handbook and staff manuals appropriate to the position
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent. Active, practicing Catholic. Experience serving on a NET Team. Outgoing, friendly, confident demeanor. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent Public Speaker. Organized with a high level of attention to detail. Ability to thrive in a team atmosphere. Proficient in G-Suite software. Passionately committed to the mission of NET Ministries. Valid Driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree, Experience working in sales or equivalent, Bilingual, ability to lead praise & worship
- Must be able to work the required hours per week
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Able to work long hours when the position demands
- Able to participate in event and weekend meetings or events as assigned
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs (office materials, etc.) using proper techniques
- Able to operate a keyboard and a phone in a safe and proficient manner
- This position will require extensive travel. Must be able to keep up with the demand of being out “on the road” many days a month
- Must be able to travel via airplane and/or automobile
Supervisory Information: Manage volunteers
Location: NET USA
Position: Every year, NET Missionaries come from all over the world to give nine months to the Lord and inspire young people to pursue a deeper relationship with Christ and increase their connection to the Catholic Church. After being placed on a team with 8-14 young men and women, missionaries reach youth through retreat or discipleship ministry. Retreat team missionaries will travel across the country from diocese to diocese and conduct close to 120 retreats, reaching almost 1,000 youth in small groups. Retreats include large group activities, talks, dramas, skits, small group discussions, prayer, and music. Discipleship team missionaries minister to hundreds of teens 1-on-1 in small groups, on retreats, and in their day-to-day lives, helping them grow in a relationship with God and seek a life of holiness. As a team, missionaries will push each other to grow in holiness as you work together to minister to youth.
As a missionary, you will learn lifelong skills that will benefit any future vocation or career. Some of these are:
- Developing a personal prayer life
- Leadership skills
- Public speaking skills
- Communication skills
- Missionaries receive a monthly stipend and are provided with food, transportation, and housing during their nine months of service. Health insurance is provided if needed.
- Mature, practicing Catholic
- Possesses strong faith
- Possesses strong relational skills
- Possesses a strong desire to serve others
- 18-29 years of age
- Does not have to be a U.S. citizen but must have an appropriate visa
NET Ministries will be accepting applications for the 2022-2023 missionary year starting October 15, 2021. The missionary contract begins August 15, 2022, and ends May 13, 2023.